Thursday, October 23, 2014

TMNT Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Costume (sort of)

I know I've been posting DIY costumes lately, but i can't help it! Today, I have for you, a TMNT costume!!!!
(Could also be a Mona Lisa costume, if you took of the 'shell' and extended the belt)


I started of with a Emergency Room doctor costume that we had laying around, and took a yellow sweater, and put it on backwards, tying the sleeves in the back to make the skin and front-of-shell/plastron for the belt, i just took a REALLY long tan scarf, and wrapped it around multiple times, before tying it in the back.

For the back of the shell, i just took my brown Poncho (i love that thing) and tied it around my neck, covering the scarf and jacket ties. for the arm/leg bands, i just stuck on some black mis-matched socks and called it good. and finally, i took one of those tie thingies for bathrobes, and stuck it on my head, voila, perfect TMNT costume.

I bought some Nunchucks at the Dollar Tree, and added them into my costume, and there you have it! it could be any version of the TMNT!

No comments:

Post a Comment