Monday, October 20, 2014

TMNT April O' Neil Costume!

Today my little sister got to pick the game we played for our family play time, and she chose Costume Party, so I decided that my costume would be a character from one of my favorite shows. April O' Neil from the 2012 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. the finished outfit looked like this
April ch pu2
Pretty neat right? This is what April really looks like (image came from here)

Here's what i did, and you can do as well!

First I put on some black leggings, and made sure they were long enough, then, I put on a denim Skirtlot, and used Safety Pins to hold it up high enough to look like her shorts (you could also use shorts) And put on some random black shoes, boots would have been better, with tall white socks, but I made do with what I had.

 Now the hard part, the shirt!

I started with a simple white T-Shirt, then, I put a medium-long sleeved lowish cut black shirt on over it, finally, I put a plain yellow T-shirt on top of it, since i didn't have any way to make the 5 on it, I just used plain yellow.
Now, for the arm-thingies.

I took an old peice of Denim I had lying around, and cut it so that it would fit on my arms, then, I safety pinned it together.

For her headband, I just used a random one I had lying around

For her Tessen (Metal Fans) (pic came from here) I just used K'nex, took one of those cool circular black peices, and added four of those long gray peices, and two smaller ones to the black piece, and add some black paper with white designs on it at you are good to go
Outsides

Inside and Outside


You can also make the costume in a smaller size, like i did for my little sister!


What kinds of costumes have you made?April ch pu2

No comments:

Post a Comment