Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Tears of Joy.

A while ago, in my English Class. I was required to write a first person story that started with: It was as hot as a pancake on the griddle, but my brother was running around like a maniac as if he weren’t already hot enough.  

So, I wrote for a while, and thought some, and wrote some more. the end result was this;


It was as hot as a pancake on the griddle, but my brother was running around like a maniac as if he weren’t already hot enough. I guess that proves it I thought John really IS crazy. Oh, sorry. I need to introduce myself. My name is Lily. I’m 15 years old, John is my CRAZY little brother, and he’s 8.
He finally stopped racing the neighbor’s son, Jack, because our mom called us in for dinner. John waved bye, picked up his toy airplane, and raced inside, not waiting for me. I quickly grabbed my book, the Runaways, and raced inside.
Today was Monday, and on Monday’s we always had some sort of Mexican food. Today, it was nachos! “I love nachos!” I said smiling happily. My mom seemed to be glad too, because her eyes were shining. I love to make mom smile, ever since dad joined the navy, we’ve been seeing him less and less, and now, with talk of a war with Canada, we might not see him for a very long time.
As we ate, it was very quiet around the dinner table. Even John knew better than to talk while mom was listening to the news on the radio. We all listened to the report, when suddenly, the speaker said “There shall be no war with Canada, our president has spoken. We will all remain at peace with one another.”
My mom was silent; tears of joy were streaming down her face. I knew, as long as I lived, I would always remember my mom just now. With those beautiful, wonderful, tears of joy.



When I started, I had no title. then, as I neared the end, I decided to call it 'Tears of Joy'. It was hard to write, because I usually write in third or second person. not first person. So it was a good experience to do it.
Until next time, on Jayme's Jumble. 

No comments:

Post a Comment